1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Teachers Pension after moving back to Aus

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by MrSung, Jun 12, 2017.

  1. MrSung

    MrSung New commenter

    Hello everyone,
    I taught in the England for just less than two years 2014-2015 and am back Australia. I was just wondering how if I can transfer my Teachers Pension back to an Australian pension/superannuation scheme. I presume it's been done before given the number of Aussie teachers in the UK, and UK teachers in Australia.

    There is very little guidance from the Teachers Pension Website regarding transferring pensions overseas.

    From what I read from the Teachers Pension Website I can also simply withdraw my contributions if I've worked under two years. Does that include employee contributions as well?

  2. wanet

    wanet Star commenter

    You need to contact TPS and ask. I suspect it might only be what you have paid.

Share This Page