1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teachers Pay Post Threshold UPS1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kennethbulger, Oct 22, 2018.

1. kennethbulger

kennethbulger New commenter

Dear TES Community,

I have recently applied for Post Threshold UPS1 and my HT has told me that it would not go through the threshold as it stands, essentially giving me the heads up that it needs work. The deadline is looming, is it a coincidence it's Halloween??? The application process is suitably cryptic and I am struggling to identify what is missing or needs work. Therefore, I would be very grateful if anyone would be willing to share their successful application from the recent past. I have been for responsible for the lead in R. E. for sometime and I have recently taken responsibility for the School Council, so I would be especially grateful for an example from someone with a similar profile to myself. In any event, this is a plea for help???

K

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

All schools have very different procedures for moving to UPS, so what is fine for one could be disastrous for another.
    Ask your head what you need to do.

3. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

Just blag about how great you are and how the school is a better place as a result of your presence - That sort of thing. (Wouldn't bother mentioning the RE lead thing too much...)

4. kennethbulger

Thank you, no-nonsense, straight to the point.

5. kennethbulger

Appreciate the feedback, time to start blowing my own trumpet.

Pomza likes this.
  6. d43587

d43587 New commenter

In our school it is all about demonstrating a significant, sustained whole school impact. Good luck!