1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teachers' Loan Repayment Scheme: Problems, worries and woes?

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by anon2297, Feb 2, 2012.

1. I've phoned them at three random times in the last fortnight and the first two times they said their systems were down that day.
    I know they've taken way more than they should from me, but think that the legal cost to retireve what they've taken, plus interest would not be viable.
    They think they have graduate and/or working teachers by the short and curlies and their inflexibility would have a bank fined by an ombudsman.

2. I recently repaid my loan in full, but I overpaid by a month and they had to (by law) give me a refund. Yes, it took them about 3 months to process it but it's worth it in the end. Don't give up on this one, keep pestering them and they will have to deal with you. Also, you shouldn't need a lawyer to claim what is rightfully yours in the eyes of the law. I have heard that other folk have had this issue with the Loans Co. - it's been in the news.

3. Dominie

Dominie New commenter

Contact your MP and MSP. www.theyworkforyou.com