1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teachers carrying out TAs performance management

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Wotworklifebalance, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Wotworklifebalance

Wotworklifebalance New commenter

Hi All
    I was told - on the last day of term, an excellent time to bury bad news if ever there were one - that as I am moving to the UPS in September I would have to carry out the performance management for my TAs. Are there any other classroom teachers out there that do their TAs PM?

In most of my previous schools the HT has done the PM for the teachers and the deputy the PM for the TAs, in others the HT has done all of the PM. All seems a bit strange to me and I just wanted to gather opinion before I try my union. Suspect that as the teacher's job description is so wishy-washy and says that teacher's are required to do almost anything their HTs ask them to I won't have a leg to stand on ... unless you know better?

2. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

The SENCO does TAs in my school and the Dep head does all the other suport staff.

3. I didn't get any training either. I had a discussion with the head about what was required, there don't appear to have been problems. No, I didn't do my own TA's PM.