1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teacher who posted about being set up to fail.

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by rosievoice, Jan 4, 2012.

1. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

I see you had your previouspost pulled. But from what I recall of it, NO. It's not standard practice to suspend a teacher simply because he or she has fallen behind a little with some marking. If that were the case, some days there would hardly be any teachers actually at work in schools!
    You have been isolated from colleagues simply so that your name and reputation can be sullied (to strengthen the head's case), and so that your side of events in this fabricated situation cannot be widely known. You will be subtly (or unsubtly) discredited.
    Many, many posters on this forum have been in your situation. I would recommend reading some of a19pb's posts on the psychology and behaviour of bullies. They exhibit predictable and recognisable behaviours.
    Keep posting on here, but without identifiers.

2. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

I see you had your previouspost pulled. But from what I recall of it, NO. It's not standard practice to suspend a teacher simply because he or she has fallen behind a little with some marking. If that were the case, some days there would hardly be any teachers actually at work in schools!
    You have been isolated from colleagues simply so that your name and reputation can be sullied (to strengthen the head's case), and so that your side of events in this fabricated situation cannot be widely known. You will be subtly (or unsubtly) discredited.
    Many, many posters on this forum have been in your situation. I would recommend reading some of a19pb's posts on the psychology and behaviour of bullies. They exhibit predictable and recognisable behaviours.
    Keep posting on here, but without identifiers.

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Indeed many have - and in advising you to get that post pulled, I did not want you to feel isolated, just 'safe' from further annimosity.
    I will say that for all those who post on here regarding unfair treatment and bullying, it does bemuse me that those who cause such misery must surely read these posts and truly not recognise themselves....

4. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

Indeed, daisyslot. I remember being told by a psychologist that the one thing I really wanted, which was for the bullies to know how it felt, I would never get. He said that even if they went to prison, they would still protest their innocence.

We have seen this only today as that evil *** Gary Dodson screamed his innocence as he was found guilty of Steven Lawrence's murder.