1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teacher well-being and quality of life in the UK or Internationally.

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Sottero, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Sottero

Sottero New commenter

Hi everyone,

I am a long time UK and international teacher and I am conducting a research study for my MA in to teacher well-being and quality of life in the UK and overseas. The survey is short and will only take 5/10 minutes, I would really appreciate it if UK trained teachers (whether teaching in the UK or abroad) could find a few minutes to complete. All data is anonymous.

https://robertgordonuniversity.onli...on-their-psychological-well-being-and-quali-2

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Hmmmm
    A rephrase of some of the questions to ensure they are actually to do with work might be a good idea.

'I've recently been feeling unhappy' or similar could well be nothing at all to do with work, but there was no option for this.

3. Sottero

Sottero New commenter

Hi Caterpillar, I used validity tested published scales that measure general wellbeing and quality of work life. Thank you for taking it.

I still need more participants if anyone has a spare few minutes.

4. MasterofNone

MasterofNone New commenter

Hi there,

Sorry to jump on the band wagon, but I think I'm doing a similar course to the OP and would also appreciate participants helping us out with this research study.

As mentioned above, as part of the course we do have to use approved questionnaires that are considered 'valid' in Psychological circles. Whilst some of the questions may seem a bit unusual for teachers, it's just that the questionnaire is geared towards 'caring professions' in general to assess professional quality of life.

My group chose this study because the available literature shows that whilst teacher stress is a 'thing', and government papers as recently as March 2019 do review workload, there isn't actually any direct discussion of a link between workload and whether or not teachers experience good professional quality of life. We're also interested in the relationship between emails and the above.

If you can help by completing a questionnaire that would be great.

https://derby.qualtrics.com/jfe/for...fDrxfHekQhYDsnJimWSJNHshngzyIVCgaTAvDj6jmpZX4

P.S. to the OP. As a qualified teacher myself, I can complete your questionnaire if you can do mine?

Many thanks!