1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teacher Survival Packs

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ceehorse, May 28, 2010.

1. ceehorse

ceehorse New commenter

Our young temporary teacher is going off to a new post & we'd like to buy her a teachers' survival kit. What would you suggest we put in it? Paracetomol, green and red pens, highlighters, post-its, tippex, expensive bath foam - and what else? All ideas gratefully received!

2. ceehorse

ceehorse New commenter

Our young temporary teacher is going off to a new post & we'd like to buy her a teachers' survival kit. What would you suggest we put in it? Paracetomol, green and red pens, highlighters, post-its, tippex, expensive bath foam - and what else? All ideas gratefully received!

3. Alcohol? Valium?!
    To be fair, I've been going crazy lately for lack of a stapler. A nice planner/diary always comes in handy.

4. Machine gun? Cattle ***? Taser? (Hesitate to say dumbell [​IMG]

5. coffee.

Blue-tack (where DOES that staff go in schools?)

Gin

6. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Wine, nice big bar of quality chocolate (Green & Black's, for example), packet of 'well-done' stickers, dry shampoo (on account of being short of time!)
    Sorry, am sure the others will be more original.
    Lovely idea though!

7. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

ooh, what about her own mug?

8. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

If Primary:
    staplegun
    stickers/ stampers- maybe personalised?
    electric pencil sharpener
    wine
    headache pills
    hand cleaning gel
    delousing comb
    Someone once gave me a bookmark that says "Remember, the good thing aout teaching is July and August" (Scottish hols) Don't know where she got it from though.

9. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

A few bricks so she can build her own brick wall to bash her head against!

10. My favourite item for school is my travel mug - never time to drink my tea at break and I can carry it safely as it has a lid, and it stays hot enough for me to take little sips throughout a lesson.

Some bath bombs from Lush might be nice - I love those.

11. I just bought two colleagues a whistle which you can get engraved with their name. Found them on ebay. They look like good whistles.

12. Hand sanitizer spray, tissues..

13. I'd love the travel cup (coffee needs to be near me all day), stickers, stamps, hand sanitiser, tissues, lip balm, throat pastilles and all of that good stuff.
    I did that for Secret Santa this year. Pack it all into the cup, wrap it up and smile!
    I went to Dunelm for the mug and Superdrug/Pound Shops for the rest and had a great time picking out all sorts of little things.

14. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

magic wand?

15. packet/box of biscuits

16. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

Pack of Scholl blister plasters.

17. A big bunch of keys? I carry loads of keys around with me and haven't got a clue what they open. Perhaps key labels? Emergency chocolate.

18. ceehorse

ceehorse New commenter

Thanks to you all for your terrific suggestions - so much more imaginative than mine!

19. My student is leaving us in a couple of weeks - thanks for these suggestions - any more?????

20. catherinaaa

catherinaaa New commenter

Deffo reward stickers and blutack! Sharpie markers also good. I live abroad and always stock up on these in the UK. By travel cup do you mean one of those for holding coffee/tea that is metal and has a lid you can close- a sort of flask? If so then that is a super idea.
    How about an academic year diary and a notebook for next year? One daft thing we're always in need of is googly eyes for crafts!!!