1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teacher Support Network - contact details question - help please!

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Riverhorse, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Riverhorse

Riverhorse New commenter

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if the TSN has a geographical landline number rather than the 0800 number? Sounds weird, I know, but I'm overseas at the moment and absolutely desperate for some immediate support. I can't get through on the 0800 number from where I am but I could call them on a normal landline. I thought about calling the local version of the Samaritans but think that fellow teachers would perhaps be more understanding of what I'm despairing over.

Thanks if you can help.

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Hello @Riverhorse

So sorry you are having a tough time. I can't find another phone number, other than for Head Office.

Teacher support do have an online chat service though. You may find that they can give you an alternative number to ring that way.

Hope you are able to get some support. Take care.

3. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Their website has this as their main office number 020 7697 2750 but says it can't offer support on it. Presumably though it could give you a support number that you could call from overseas. I guess main office number only operates 9 - 5.

One of the union websites says "you can text 07909 341229 and TSN will call back within the hour" but I don't know if that's up to date.

Hope one of those works for you

4. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Found it for you Riverhorse:

"We have an alternative number for callers who don't have access to 08000 numbers, it is 020 8987 6212."

5. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Good luck, Riverhorse.

6. marlin

marlin Star commenter

From the TSN website tonight:-

Txt: 07909 341229 - we'll call you back within the hour

Hope you've seen our messages @Riverhorse and you've got the support you need.

7. Riverhorse

Riverhorse New commenter

Thank you very much for all your help people - I will definitely be keeping a note of that number for future reference. As it turns out, I was for once able to reach my husband via a Viber call (he is currently away on business in a rather exotic and technologically challenged location) and he's just helped to talk me down from the looming panic attack. Once again, I really appreciate everyone's help in getting that number.

8. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Thanks for the update @Riverhorse . So pleased you were able to contact your husband and that you feel calmer now. Do take care.