1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

teacher suicide rates soar - article, comment and soon more

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by durgamata, Jul 31, 2011.

1. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Hi guys,

It seems I'm doing another night shift tonight. I've been away from the forum for about a week and have been catching up. Just finishing when I stumbled across this thread about the suicide rate for teachers doubling. I can't imagine any threads more important than this.

I have copied the article which the original poster referred to - and added my own comments. Then uploaded as a resource. I will try to add to this with some research into what helps regarding stress plus some of the poems and writings that I find inspiring.

We have to stand together and support each other - cross curricular wise. One of the biggest problems is not having someone to talk to when you get overwhelmed.
    But for now, out there on holiday, I hope things are looking a bit more rosy.

Anyway, if you want to contribute to what I am going to put up on this resource - any suggestions and contributions would be welcome. I want to make it like 'on-line medicine' for anyone who may know someone who is stressed - or be stressed themselves - to find helpful.

Here is the info about what I've put up so far - Teacher Suicide rates soar - dealing with stress

A thread I just stumbled on refers readers to an article about the way Teacher Suicide Rates have doubled recently. I have copied this article here and added a copy of my own contribution to this thread. I will also add any articles/posts related plus suggestions of ways to deal with stress.

I can't imagine many more important topics to try to provode resources for. You may like to check out my website - www.bluelotus.co

. I can give twilight sessions on meditation/reflective exercises and strategies for dealing with stress.

I have been there so it's not just theory.

2. durgamata

Hi guys,

It seems I'm doing another night shift tonight. I've been away from the forum for about a week and have been catching up. Just finishing when I stumbled across this thread about the suicide rate for teachers doubling. I can't imagine any threads more important than this.

I have copied the article which the original poster referred to - and added my own comments. Then uploaded as a resource. I will try to add to this with some research into what helps regarding stress plus some of the poems and writings that I find inspiring.

We have to stand together and support each other - cross curricular wise. One of the biggest problems is not having someone to talk to when you get overwhelmed.
    But for now, out there on holiday, I hope things are looking a bit more rosy.

Anyway, if you want to contribute to what I am going to put up on this resource - any suggestions and contributions would be welcome. I want to make it like 'on-line medicine' for anyone who may know someone who is stressed - or be stressed themselves - to find helpful.

Here is the info about what I've put up so far - Teacher Suicide rates soar - dealing with stress

A thread I just stumbled on refers readers to an article about the way Teacher Suicide Rates have doubled recently. I have copied this article here and added a copy of my own contribution to this thread. I will also add any articles/posts related plus suggestions of ways to deal with stress.

I can't imagine many more important topics to try to provode resources for. You may like to check out my website - www.bluelotus.co

. I can give twilight sessions on meditation/reflective exercises and strategies for dealing with stress.

I have been there so it's not just theory.

3. YesMrBronson

YesMrBronson New commenter

Your <strike>spam</strike> website comes up "domain expired" when clicked on.

4. durgamata

yes, I was checking out some ways of updating it before putting it back - wanting to be able to reinstate it when I had added quite a few new features. But then I realised it said 'domain expired' even though I had talked to the company I'm registered with. Very annoying. But I have put it back as it was for now.

Thanks for the concern

I am working on the updating and hope it to be done by September