1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teacher Study- Mental Skills Programme to Enhance Assessment Performance

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by annamarjanovic, May 23, 2012.

1. Hi everyone :)

I am a postgraduate student at The University of Edinburgh, studying (Msc) Performance Psychology and basically I'm looking for teachers to take part in my study investigating the relationship between emotions and performance.

The study holds many potential implications for teacher training and development, and mental skills programes have been found to effectively enhance performance in the long term. Participants will have full access to results and conclusions and are welcome to note participation on their CV.

*Participants must have at least FOUR teaching related assessments over the next 2months (until end of school term) (Assessment criteria: short burst periods of time with both personal and professional meaning to the individual, moderate pressure to do well and some level of evaluation (doesn't have to be official)).

The study involves interviewing participants (over skype) to assess which emotional states are experienced during best and worst performances.
    I will then develop indidvidual mental skills programmes for each participant to practice before 4 assessments. Short personalised evaluation sheets will be filled out after each assessment.

There will be another interview at the end of the intervention to see how it went! (interviews no longer than 1 hour)

I'm hoping to start interviews next week so if you would be interested in taking part or have any more question please let me know within the next couple of days :)

If you are not interested but have colleagues who might be, I would be more than grateful if you could pass this information on to them.

Kind regards,

Anna Marjanovic
    (Msc) Performance Psychology
    The University of Edinburgh

2. Hi everyone :)

I am a postgraduate student at The University of Edinburgh, studying (Msc) Performance Psychology and basically I'm looking for teachers to take part in my study investigating the relationship between emotions and performance.

The study holds many potential implications for teacher training and development, and mental skills programes have been found to effectively enhance performance in the long term. Participants will have full access to results and conclusions and are welcome to note participation on their CV.

*Participants must have at least FOUR teaching related assessments over the next 2months (until end of school term) (Assessment criteria: short burst periods of time with both personal and professional meaning to the individual, moderate pressure to do well and some level of evaluation (doesn't have to be official)).

The study involves interviewing participants (over skype) to assess which emotional states are experienced during best and worst performances.
    I will then develop indidvidual mental skills programmes for each participant to practice before 4 assessments. Short personalised evaluation sheets will be filled out after each assessment.

There will be another interview at the end of the intervention to see how it went! (interviews no longer than 1 hour)

I'm hoping to start interviews next week so if you would be interested in taking part or have any more question please let me know within the next couple of days :)

If you are not interested but have colleagues who might be, I would be more than grateful if you could pass this information on to them.

Kind regards,

Anna Marjanovic
    (Msc) Performance Psychology
    The University of Edinburgh