1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teacher Pension Briefing from House of Commons Library

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by Rott Weiler, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

PeterQuint likes this.
  2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Rott Weiler. that doc appears to be from 2015. Has it taken that long to be published? :eek:

3. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Published today but briefing on the 2015 reforms and the current status of them. I haven't read it but HoC briefings always give background and explanations of where things are and current issues but never comment on what the government might be planning to do in the future.

upload_2020-6-12_11-26-8.png

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Ah, didn't spot that smaller date. :oops:

5. diddydave

diddydave Established commenter

6. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

I’ve had a quick read. It seems to be mostly explaining the changes and reasoning as they have occurred. Interesting about independent schools where they discuss the idea of teachers currently in the scheme continuing with it but new employees not. I don’t think the schools like that though because the costs are still so high.

7. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

I hate it when politicians talk about "reforming" something, when really they are going to erode, dismantle and destroy it. I don't remember lots of teachers asking for their pensions to be "reformed".

8. diddydave

diddydave Established commenter

Totally agree...and then have the gall to say that the legal challenge will lead to it 'costing' them £4 billion when in fact that simply represents how much they were 'taking' out of the pay package for the public sector through those reforms.

Prim likes this.
  9. Prim

Prim Occasional commenter

Could we ask the BBC to include the above statement in any reporting they do in relation to this :)