1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teacher of LLDD - pre entry level 1

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by missmia, Dec 10, 2011.

1. I'm looking for some advice on a job interview.

It's to be a foundation LLDD teacher in a sixth form college.

As part of the interview process I am required to prepare a 20 minute activity for 8/9 pre entry/entry level 1 students with 3 support workers on 'rights and responsibilities in the home'.

Any lesson plans/activity ideas/advice would be much appreciated

many thanks :)

2. I'm looking for some advice on a job interview.

It's to be a foundation LLDD teacher in a sixth form college.

As part of the interview process I am required to prepare a 20 minute activity for 8/9 pre entry/entry level 1 students with 3 support workers on 'rights and responsibilities in the home'.

Any lesson plans/activity ideas/advice would be much appreciated

many thanks :)

3. Hi
    You could try laminating some relevant pictures and get the students to sort them into two columns: good and responsible behaviour in the home, and one column for inapproriate behaviour in the home. Have a thumbs up picture for the 'good' column and a 'thumbs down' picture for the negative column.Pictures such as someone beating another person up could lead onto a discussion about how everyone has the right to feel safe in their own homes etc. A picture of someone locking the door would go into the 'good' category and would lead to a discussion around how students are responsible for making sure that they stay safe etc.
    You could get them to match key words to pictures e.g' stay safe- to a picture of locking the door/ not answering the door to strangers. Remember though that not all students at pre-entry level will be able to read or write so pictoral resources are always good, and if they can match key words then great.
    It would probably also be wise to show that you have differentiated your resources accordingly, you may need to offer something more to students who can complete the work that you have given them- such as writing out some keywords
    Best of luck