1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teacher of French and Spanish in Canada

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by AnouchkaSchmidt, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Hi

I am a teacher of French and Spanish in London (NQT passed last year) and would like to teach in Canada for a year or two with my partner. I have read many websites where it states that it is really hard to find a teaching job out there unless you speak French, which I do (French National). I have a degree in English Studies (studied at UNi in FRance) and have a PGCE in French and Spanish.
    Would I need extra qualifications to teach in Canada, and do I have more chances of getting a job there because of the fact I speak French and English (and Spanish)?

Thanks

2. Hi

I am a teacher of French and Spanish in London (NQT passed last year) and would like to teach in Canada for a year or two with my partner. I have read many websites where it states that it is really hard to find a teaching job out there unless you speak French, which I do (French National). I have a degree in English Studies (studied at UNi in FRance) and have a PGCE in French and Spanish.
    Would I need extra qualifications to teach in Canada, and do I have more chances of getting a job there because of the fact I speak French and English (and Spanish)?

Thanks