1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teacher moving to Doha, Qatar in Sept 2011

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by schmerca, May 20, 2011.

1. Hello everyone, I am a 25 year old Irish teacher moving to Doha, Qatar in September 2011 to work as an ESL teacher in a British School. It's a 2 year contract and I am really looking forward to what will be my first experience living and working in the Middle East! I did my PGCE and worked for a year in the UK and I have spent a lot of time living abroad and travelling. I would love to hear from others in the same boat as myself and those perhaps already living in Qatar would be kind enough to make contact as well, thanks a million!

2. the hippo

the hippo Established commenter Community helper

I have sent you an e-mail, schmerca. Do get in contact with me again if I can be of any further assistance.

3. Hi schmerca! I am also moving to Doha in August.....can not wait! My contract is only for a year but hopefully if I get on well there, and I like it, I can stay longer. The school I am teaching at is located in the West Bay area. This is my first teaching post and my first experience of living and workin abroad. My sister lived in Qatar for two years and loved it, which is one of the reasons why I first thought about teaching over there.

4. the hippo

I have PMd you, waller07.

5. the hippo

I have PM'd you, ramsaybairn, and I am not going to PM anyone else about going to Doha!

6. Hi,
    Just been offered a place to teach science at a school in Doha. Looking forward to it. Any tips/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

7. Advice?...erm...ask Hippo [​IMG]

8. ramsaybairn

ramsaybairn New commenter

I'm not!

9. ramsaybairn

ramsaybairn New commenter

I will be out there too soon, very exciting!