1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teacher Governor

Discussion in 'Governors' started by laurahobs, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Hi, has anyone been in position when they have been involved in the recruitment of a new Head Teacher? How involved (as teacher governor) were you in the procedure? did you interview? short list? etc etc, how about if internal candidates were applying for the position?
    Thanks in advance, Laura [​IMG]

2. Hi, has anyone been in position when they have been involved in the recruitment of a new Head Teacher? How involved (as teacher governor) were you in the procedure? did you interview? short list? etc etc, how about if internal candidates were applying for the position?
    Thanks in advance, Laura [​IMG]

3. I am a staff governor. I was involved in the staff panel. I was not involved in the shortlisting. I interviewed the short listed candidates. I enjoyed the experience although it was slightly nervewracking. There was one internal candidate.She did not get the post.