1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teacher Governor wishing to resign from governor post

Discussion in 'Governors' started by edu103, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    Although my term is up in Easter I feel that I am no longer to dedicate the time required to the role of Teacher Governor. There are many other reasons why I wish to resign as well but in the interests of proffessionalism won't go into them now.
    Who should I adress the letter to? Head teacher or Chair? How much detail should be included in the letter considering I still have to work at the school? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards.

2. Hi there,
    Although my term is up in Easter I feel that I am no longer to dedicate the time required to the role of Teacher Governor. There are many other reasons why I wish to resign as well but in the interests of proffessionalism won't go into them now.
    Who should I adress the letter to? Head teacher or Chair? How much detail should be included in the letter considering I still have to work at the school? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards.

3. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

You should write to the Clerk to the Governors. No need to go into any detail if you don't think it's appropriate.