1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teacher blaming

Discussion in 'Education news' started by Lalex123, May 3, 2019.

1. Lalex123

Lalex123 Occasional commenter

agathamorse likes this.
  2. meggyd

meggyd Senior commenter

No doctor's diagnosis. Just the mum's

agathamorse and Lalex123 like this.
  3. Oldfashioned

Oldfashioned Senior commenter

He looks a delight

agathamorse and Lalex123 like this.
  4. dreamweaverplusactor

dreamweaverplusactor New commenter

‘Kieron was apparently violent towards a member of staff but when I spoke to my son he said they were trying to restrain him so obviously he’s going to try and move out of the way.’

Nicely skipping over the question: why was your son having to be restrained in the first place?

5. sabram86

sabram86 Occasional commenter

She should take parenting classes and not contradict teachers. What a b*thc.

6. SEBREGIS

SEBREGIS Senior commenter

Well it’s not his fault, is it. He has a syndrome. And a mum that’s going to the newspapers to complain about her son being expelled for violent behaviour, which has to be a good thing, right? No ‘mummys boy’ ever grew up to be anything other than an absolute gem...

upload_2019-5-3_15-57-7.jpeg

7. Lalex123

I am confused about the article because the mother was worried about what an exclusion might look like on his record, but isn’t bothered about plastering her sons face all over the national newspaper! :confused:

ridleyrumpus likes this.
  8. ridleyrumpus

ridleyrumpus Lead commenter

She said: ‘Kieron was apparently violent towards a member of staff but when I spoke to my son he said they were trying to restrain him so obviously he’s going to try and move out of the way.’

"Surely a school should be making sure he is safe and in class?"

Isn't that what the school are trying to do for the other pupils, staff and himself by restraining him?

(I presume he would not be being restrained unless he was a danger to others or to himself)

bessiesmith and agathamorse like this.
  9. Lalex123

Exactly! I’d like to know why he was being restrained in the first place but the mother skips over this part!

Also, i think we’re in tricky times after so many recent scandals and parents would rather take their queues from their own child instead of the adult professionals who she initially trusted to look after her little darling 7 hours a day...

agathamorse likes this.
  10. Jolly_Roger15

Jolly_Roger15 Star commenter

@SEBREGIS: Well, the dear little boy in your picture did make it to the top, and go on an initially successful European tour.

For the teachers of the child in @Lalex123 s posting, even more dispiriting would be of the SMT backed up the mother, as an easier option than taking any responsibility itself.

Lalex123 likes this.
  11. SEBREGIS

SEBREGIS Senior commenter

As a parent I get that part. But also, as a parent, I know that my children would not need to be restrained in the classroom because I’ve taught them better than that. I don’t harbour any illusions about their behaviour but throwing tables around would be entirely out of character.

If one of their classmates mysteriously disappeared, I’d certainly have questions to ask them, though. And I’d be checking their pockets for recent purchases of black plastic sacks, luminol and microscope slides. Like I say - I know my children.

12. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Sounds like he hasn’t been in the school long and CAMHS haven’t diagnosed yet. That is, of course, if she is engaging with them and keeping her appointments. The school will be paying for alternative provision for him. My sympathy is for the poor teacher who will have had very many lessons disrupted whilst still being responsible for the progress of the other 29. And for the other children in the class who have had their learning disrupted so regularly. Mainstream simply is not the place for violent and disruptive children.

JohnJCazorla, simonCOAL, drek and 3 others like this.
  13. bessiesmith

bessiesmith Occasional commenter

What is the solution for this kind of situation? We have had to exclude permanently 2 children in Year 7 this year who are probably on the same lines as this child. In both cases very chaotic family backgrounds - which is heart-wrenching, and clearly not the child's fault - but we are not equipped to cope in mainstream school and it is not fair on the other children whose education is being disrupted.

14. ridleyrumpus

ridleyrumpus Lead commenter

Decent support from the DfE.

Not likely though as they will almost certainly kick the can back into the schools front lawn.

agathamorse, drek and Lalex123 like this.
  15. BigFrankEM

BigFrankEM Occasional commenter

agathamorse likes this.
  16. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Well, he did go to the same school as Wittgenstein (Jewish) who may have embarrassed him in class and set everything in train. "Why can't you be clever Adolf, like that nice jewish boy Ludwig?

One of the cleverest men from the last century and one of the most evil men from the last century.

Did they have a good teacher or a bad teacher?

17. simonCOAL

simonCOAL Occasional commenter

This.

If you’ve never had to deal with this, you cannot understand how difficult it is.

I remember having to justify to 25 ****** off parents why we cancelled a trip because of bad behaviour by 2 children. The head’s decision ... “They all go, or no-one goes”. Then left it to me to inform everyone. Thanks mate!

drek and yodaami2 like this.
  18. yodaami2

yodaami2 Lead commenter

In the old days he'd be at a special school by now. Small groups with ex army type people doing lots of PE and trips interspersed with reading, writing, adding and taking away, all topic based. And when older learning martial arts, car mechanics, plastering etc.. In those days we in the mainstream didn't moan about the unfairness of the trips, cuppas, rewards because we didn't know it was going on. Until your boyfriend told you! Always liked the bad boys!
    Instead, if he remains in mainstream he'll be in a segregated unit trying to follow, eventually, gcse courses cos every level 1 counts towards progress 8!
    I despair!
    Anyway another example of sxxt parenting.

agathamorse likes this.