1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Teacher Assistant to Teacher?

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by Teves, May 11, 2011.

  1. Hello, I am new in England and I have a degree in Media and Social communication as well as a diploma that allows me to teach, like a bacheller degree. It has been very difficult to get a job as Teacher, so I have made applications to Teacher Assistant. However I would like to teach for that is why I took a degree. Is it possible to get it even within a school I get a teacher assistant position?
    I have one more question, were can I validate my diplomas and degree?
    Thanks so much
    Natercia Teves
  2. NQT1986

    NQT1986 Occasional commenter

    I would imagine you'll need to complete the GTP or do a PGCE to be able to 'teach' in England.
  3. A friend of mine has Hungarian qualification that she converted into an English teaching qualification. Not sure how she went about it though. I'll ask her and get back to you...
  4. snugglepot

    snugglepot Occasional commenter

    NARIC will possibly validate it. It cost me £60.

Share This Page