1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teacher assessment 2016 KS2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by goingtoofast, Jan 21, 2016.

1. goingtoofast

goingtoofast New commenter

Hi
    Sorry if you are already aware of this but I wasn't and it is really important. I printed off the ARA document in November to familiarise myself with what was needed. I have the calendar on my office wall of all the important dates leading up to KS1 and KS2 SATS.

Then I get a text last night from a friend asking if I was aware that the date for submission of TA was now 27th May not 24th June. I had totally missed that.

Why can't they tell us of these changes. The ARA was revised in Dec 2015.

Oh and if you are moderated it will be after you have submitted your TA data this time. Ridiculous!.

2. teacup71

teacup71 Occasional commenter

These documents change all the time. I follow DFE and Gov publications on Twitter. Before Christmas loads of new points came out and they are still coming from the STA
    Probably got about 8 good weeks to get a range of writing showing evidence for all the interim assessment expected standard.
    Feel so sorry for the kids.

3. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

I asked the guy in our LA with responsibility for overseeing the collection of all statutory Teacher Assessment information from FS to Y11 why he hadn't brought the change to schools' attention.

His (tongue in cheek - I thjink) answer was that he felt that by the time he'd written a briefing document to bring us up to date with the latest data submission dates the DFE would have changed them again!