1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teach in West Virginia USA

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by jolobro, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Hi , Our family is moving to the USA late this year. My wife has a job which will sponsor a green card and therefore i will be able to seek employment through this.
    Any ideas what i need to do as far as looking for jobs? Does the UK QTS stand in the US or is there additional training etc needed?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Russ

2. Hi , Our family is moving to the USA late this year. My wife has a job which will sponsor a green card and therefore i will be able to seek employment through this.
    Any ideas what i need to do as far as looking for jobs? Does the UK QTS stand in the US or is there additional training etc needed?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Russ

3. Congratulations Russ!
    Lots of information already posted on these boards with regards to getting your qualifications recognised in the US. You should also contact the HR department of the county you are going to live in/ near and find out what their job situation is- lots of public school jobs have gone and are going but they should be able to talk to you about subbing and offer more advice on what you need to do to qualify to teach in W. Va. It may also be worth your time to look at the private schools in the area.
    Good luck.