1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

    If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

    Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

    Dismiss Notice

Teach in USA- What Experience/Qualifications etc?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by David Getling, May 13, 2011.

  1. David Getling

    David Getling Senior commenter

    To be brutally honest, be an American citizen, or marry one.

    It's a complete pain in the butt (both financially and for the paperwork) sponsoring a H1B visa, and their are a hell of a lot of American teachers unemployed at the moment. Not to mention that yours isn't a shortage subject.

    Sorry to be so disheartening, but there are probably much more enjoyable ways in which you could be wasting your time - though if you chose the marry option I suppose that might be enjoyable:)

Share This Page