1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teach in the USA

Discussion in 'Primary' started by MrMillns, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Hi,This is my first time posting. I have looked through the forums about this topic on numerous occasions but I can never find the information I am seeking (maybe I am looking in the wrong place?) anyway advice would be greatly received. I am a PE teacher in the UK and I do enjoy my job but I have a lifelong ambition to experience work and life in the US (particularly the East Coast and if at all possible NYC). I am open to moving out there to work permanently but would favour something on a shorter term like an exchange or a placement. Does anyone have any thoughts on this or is it an impossible dream?I heard the Fulbright Exchange program has now stopped running which rules that out. Also the very fact PE is viewed very differently in the US does make me wonder what possibilities there are for an UK based PE teacher. I applied for two posts in international schools out there this year only to be told they will be recruiting within the US and not international teachers. What are my realistic options now or is this something that will always remain a dream.Any advice is gratefully received. Thanks!

2. Hi,This is my first time posting. I have looked through the forums about this topic on numerous occasions but I can never find the information I am seeking (maybe I am looking in the wrong place?) anyway advice would be greatly received. I am a PE teacher in the UK and I do enjoy my job but I have a lifelong ambition to experience work and life in the US (particularly the East Coast and if at all possible NYC). I am open to moving out there to work permanently but would favour something on a shorter term like an exchange or a placement. Does anyone have any thoughts on this or is it an impossible dream?I heard the Fulbright Exchange program has now stopped running which rules that out. Also the very fact PE is viewed very differently in the US does make me wonder what possibilities there are for an UK based PE teacher. I applied for two posts in international schools out there this year only to be told they will be recruiting within the US and not international teachers. What are my realistic options now or is this something that will always remain a dream.Any advice is gratefully received. Thanks!