1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teach in China and Eat Bigger Prawns

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by hopscotch42, May 22, 2016.

1. hopscotch42

hopscotch42 New commenter

2. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Okay, okay, the prawns are bigger in the Middle Kingdom, but size is not everything, according to my wife. What about the dreadful lack of mayonnaise in China? And the high price and unripeness of the avocados? This writer seems to be prawn to overstatement.

sabrinakat and Angelil like this.
  3. hopscotch42

There's loads of mayo in China and you can get an avocado in my local Beijing supermarket for a quid....yes, you're right about the ripeness though!

suem75 likes this.
  4. Luvsskiing

Luvsskiing Established commenter

5. percy topliss

percy topliss Established commenter

I think that we all need to remember that with larger prawns come greater responsibility. Are these prawns on steroids? As Thai ones are? and, are they asthmatic? Because the pollution over there is bad!
    Enjoy your cocktail,

Perce

sabrinakat likes this.
  6. Dramakween

Dramakween Occasional commenter

7. mikemcdonald25

mikemcdonald25 Occasional commenter

Buy the unripe avocados, wrap them in newspaper and put them in a cupboard for a few days. The mayo is either cooking mayo or full of extra sugar, but hey your not in the UK anymore!!! Change your starter when you have a dinner party!

percy topliss likes this.
  8. hopscotch42

Nobody wants to be a toad!

9. Luvsskiing

Luvsskiing Established commenter

10. rachel_g41

rachel_g41 Established commenter