1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Teach First- Placement

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by NICKY_S_96, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I have recently been accepted onto Teach First 2012 cohort to teach English. I wanted to find out if anyone knows at what stage I should recieve information on my placement region. Teach First have only said 'in the coming months', which could mean anything really and I need to inform my current landlord.

Many thanks :)

2. Hi,
    I have recently been accepted onto Teach First 2012 cohort to teach English. I wanted to find out if anyone knows at what stage I should recieve information on my placement region. Teach First have only said 'in the coming months', which could mean anything really and I need to inform my current landlord.

Many thanks :)

3. Placements are an issue and for many - including Teach First, it is very difficut to give out definite placements a long time in advance. Schools do change their availability for placments at short notice.
    Explain to them that you need to give notice so early notification would be appreciated and if at all possible with at least a month's notice (or what ever notice period you have).
    James

4. Hi,
    I'm a '10 and was accepted in july 2009. I didn't get given a region till the november and that was quite early. The thing you have to remember about Teach First is you have committed to teach anywhere, so the placement process is quite slow- I didn't find out what school I was in until the 3rd week of institute the following year. You'll have to just give your landlord notice when you can, because they can't place you any quicker. Feel free to pm me with any more questions.