1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tea time

Discussion in 'Personal' started by nearmiss, Jul 22, 2016.

1. nearmiss

nearmiss Lead commenter

A nice pot of Assam (leaf not bag), in a wide cup with a saucer, milk no sugar, warm scones, strawberry conserve ( the runny sort) and whipped Jersey cream, still a bit loose, for me, please What are you having?

2. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Earl Grey and a handful of strawberries.

Laphroig likes this.
  3. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Cheap teabag, mug, boiling water, milk sugar
    Allow to gain appropriate colour
    Remove teabag and drink

4. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

I'm considering a glass of wine.

Dragonlady30 and kibosh like this.
  5. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

A coffee and two chocolate digestives.

If I could choose, it would be pro secco, smoked salmon sandwiches, scones, cream, jam, macarons, fruit tarts, brownies and meringues.

Oh my!

sabrinakat and bompu like this.
  6. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Just had a piece of dry bread. i do like dry bread.

sabrinakat and bompu like this.
  7. anon8701

anon8701 Star commenter

2 chocolate digestives and some water. This time 3 weeks ago, I was having high tea with my colleagues at a nice hotel (not the famous ones) in London. We had finger sandwiches, clotted cream with scones and various cakes (e.g. Macaroons).

foxtail3 likes this.
  8. anon8701

anon8701 Star commenter

I sometimes like the end of a slice of whole meal bread with a little bit of spread on it and a glass of milk in the evening. Enjoy your bread!

sabrinakat likes this.
  9. NereseCampbell

NereseCampbell New commenter

Assam tea and a hot buttered crumpet. The best.

10. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I've had two :eek::D

coffeekid likes this.
  11. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

I waited until Simon Mayo's Drivetime. :)

kibosh and bompu like this.
  12. anon8701

anon8701 Star commenter

Do you listen to the confessions show? I really enjoy it when I do from time to time.

coffeekid likes this.
  13. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

On my second beer....:(

I have tried this week not to drink in the afternoons (drinking ice-cold 'merican style lemonade (no bubbles) instead) but today:

Toddler-kitten home ALL day and planned activities (painting and making 'theatre' animal mask) too uninteresting or the glue sticks not very glue-y....and on phone with gas company to switch accounts (40 minutes!) and still a week to payday! aargh....:eek::eek::eek:

My life is pretty exciting, eh? We have a wasp's nest above our back door that my husband sprayed last night (still.a few wasps hanging about today, though). The cat who is 15 and blind ran out of the other back door and into the fence, so I had to go get her (she's an indoor cat) while the toddler ran behind making buzzing sounds) and I couldn't sleep last night. I think a bottle of something.stronger, much stronger is called for here....

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    kibosh likes this.
  14. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

I love the confessions show. @bompu

bompu likes this.
  15. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I tend not to do tea time. I have been sneaking to the fridge and taking spoonfuls of salted butter caramel to eat on the hammock during the afternoon. It will be wine o'clock shortly.

kibosh likes this.
  16. anon8701

anon8701 Star commenter

My favourite confession was the one with the dentist pulling the man's moustache. Did you like that one?

17. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Don't remember that one! I liked the one with the cat's ashes. :)

18. anon8701

anon8701 Star commenter

I don't know that one. When was it?

19. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Couple of months ago. Some kid found a bag of white powder and thought it was drugs. Sniffed it. Found out it was a cremated cat.

20. anon8701

anon8701 Star commenter

Lol

coffeekid likes this.