1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tea Party

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by JO9832, Feb 7, 2012.

1. JO9832

JO9832 New commenter

Hi
    Has anyone held a Mothers day/special lady tea party in their Nursery class who would share how they organised it? I am thinking really about how i would fit everyone in , how long it would be and whether its best for the children to do all the preparation and the mums/ladies to come and just enjoy being spoilt rather than doing an activity which would be hard to manage 25 possible adults .
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

jo

2. JO9832

JO9832 New commenter

Hi
    Has anyone held a Mothers day/special lady tea party in their Nursery class who would share how they organised it? I am thinking really about how i would fit everyone in , how long it would be and whether its best for the children to do all the preparation and the mums/ladies to come and just enjoy being spoilt rather than doing an activity which would be hard to manage 25 possible adults .
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

jo

3. OMG what a wonderful idea! Could you make a class book of children's pictures and t scribe observations of their mums for browsing. Children could make cakes to serve with tongs (PD) they could sing the song skidermarinky do ( I think that's how you spell it) ooh I will keep thinking but I so love the idea I must do it. You have not heard the last of this! Eve

4. May2

May2 Occasional commenter

We do a party each year now.The parents are invited in for about the last 45 mins of the session.The children bake cakes the day before and we have biscuits and orange juice or water. No hot tea for safety reasons. The children make their Mum a place mat which we laminate and they set up the tables, we encourage them to put their mat next to a friend.
    We bring in vases and the children put fresh daffodils in them to make the tables look extra nice. When parents arrive the children go to the door and take them to their table to sit by the mat they have made.
    We only have enough chairs for the adults. The children serve the Mums and go around with plates of cakes etc and ask what they would like to drink and then generally sit on Mum's lap. We try to discourage younger siblings and make this a special time just for the nursery child but we do get a few babies and we put a few younger toys in an area for them to play.
    After the eating and drinking we collect the children together to sing two or three songs such as 'I love Mummy' . The children then take the card/gift they have made and give to their Mum and that's about it.
    Those Mum's that work have either taken time off or Grandmas,childminders have come. We usually give them a few weeks notice and I think every child has always had somebody come for them.