1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

tea/coffee for staff?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Msz, Jun 25, 2011.

1. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

Have you got broad shoulders for when KS2 staff start asking if FS staff are going to spend hours marking homework!![​IMG]

2. As opposed to the hours and hours and hours filling in profiles and learning journeys?

3. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

It shouldn't take hours and hours, if it can't be done in your PPA time you're doing too much.

4. Cant believe there is a 3 page thread on how and when to drink tea/ coffee...

5. NQT1986

NQT1986 Occasional commenter

Me neither! I've got one of these though and they are ace ;)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Contigo-Autoseal-Travel-Mug-Silver/dp/B001RMGVU8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309462151&sr=8-1

6. You can't see me for dust once i've dropped something into the current staff room moan fest. I scuttle back to my FS2 den.
    KS2 probably think they work harder than me but wouldn't dare say it as I'm in school from 7am and spend the time they devote to marking making talk boxes (see my hero Alistair @ http://www.abcdoes.typepad.com/ ) etc etc.

7. Which could also be said for KS2 marking ...

8. All staff must use flasks for hot drinks in my school. I work in Nursery and my T.A usually makes drinks in staffroom before the morning session begins. If you have a good flask your drink should stay hot all morning.

9. A couple of years ago our head changed everyone on duty to the lidded thermos style cups. We found that they made the tea taste funny, you couldn't put them in the dishwasher so were never clean ( I know dirty scrubbers the lot of us!), also one of the staff said they missed the small pleasure of a hot cup in your hands on a cold day. So... they soon fell by the way side.
    Our reception class go out at a play time so everyone can come to the staff room but not at first- I think then the TA makes a drink for the pair of them & brings it up or they wait till lunch.