1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tasteful weddings.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Richie Millions, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

Whilst at rehearsals yesterday in the woodland glade that once was the Knave of Westminster Abbey one ponders on the various potential merits of having "events organisers" as the future in laws. One can only assume that vicars now across this green and pleasant land will be inundated with requests to turn their sacred places of worship into theme parks for the day. One shudders at the thought of what the dress will look like adorned with sprigs of greenery and various stuffed woodland creatures?

2. Its going to be a Narnia wedding. Catherine is going to be bourne majestically down the aisle by a dozen diamond encrusted swans.

3. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

I fear we are both right Bauble the Harry Potter generation marriies x. The whole New Zealand Lord of the Rings bit I am afraid is reflected in the "magical" nature of the choice of music. Oh dear x

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

At my nephew's wedding not so many moons ago, the service was filmed from at least three different angles and displayed live on large screens either side of the nave. At the reception both the groom's and best man's speeches were accompanied by Powerpoints. I went into INSET day mode and completely blanked out - the power of conditioning eh?

5. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

The trees are merely an extension of the use of flowers. I think they'll look rather lovely. I'm also sure that, in accordance with protocol, the wedding will be tasteful.
    I'm rather looking forward to it (and our celebratory party)
    Must remember to pick up Snowstorm from the starion after school!
    Bring it on!