1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Task dissapeared

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by Saffron5, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Saffron5

Saffron5 New commenter

My pension application was on my task list but has dissapeared today any idea's why?

2. pmichelmore

pmichelmore New commenter

It means a decision is eminent. Mine went from 40% to disappeared- I called them and I had been accepted for Tier 1 IHR. Maybe call them Monday?

3. Saffron5

Saffron5 New commenter

Thank you hope that's what it is

4. lju

lju New commenter

Decision made. Letter should arrive quickly, but they will tell you the decision over the phone. Hope it's good news.

5. Saffron5

Saffron5 New commenter

Got my letter ill health retirement agreed

chelsea2 and 1970devon like this.
  6. pmichelmore

pmichelmore New commenter

Good for you, it’s such a relief.

7. 1970devon

1970devon Occasional commenter

Wow. Congratulations :) I still haven't put in my appeal. Due to change of GP - same surgery but mine left- its been a nightmare! Hospital been Brill and the GP additional info should be all with union by next week so crossing fingers for same result. Did you get awarded tier 1 or 2? Really pleased for you x

8. Saffron5

Saffron5 New commenter

Tier 2 I wasn't expecting that, feeling quite sad at the moment even though I've been off for months and am obviously still unwell it's still hard to accept not working ever again at 57

1970devon likes this.
  9. Saffron5

Saffron5 New commenter

Keep going Devon takes so long waiting for medical evidence and can be quite sobering reading and I can't contemplate the hassle of a change of gp.

1970devon likes this.
  10. 1970devon

1970devon Occasional commenter

Thanks. I've hated reading the reports. In fact I forwarded direct to union without reading but they then passed it back with suggestions for changing of words :( 4 years ago i ran a marathon and ran a half marathon couple of times a month. To have to accept that my life is so changed is almost impossible. Although I have started a very small part time very low paid non education role as I need some money. Both the consultancy team and GP are supportive so of I now get offered teir 2, I'm completely stuffed. Not sure how long I'll be able to keep it up but have had no pay since December. I'm only 48. I'm so glad your decision has arrived and you can no get on with working out how to manage the rest of your life :)

11. Saffron5

Saffron5 New commenter

Hi Devon
    I'm also finding it hard to accept the change although I've had problems for 10 years which have gradually gotten worse. I have always worked from the age of 15 I'm 57 now so to stop is not easy but having been off sick for months with no improvement I suppose it was inevitable
    Its a kind of grief sometimes I just feel incredibly sad, even seeing people walking "quickly" can make me sad.
    I didn't expect enhanced retirement so that's another thing to get my head around
    I hope yours is resolved soon keep us informed

1970devon likes this.