1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tarsia puzzles

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by moonlight35, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Thank you to Noemi and SamEnerve for suggestions.
    I am going for the Tarsia Puzzles idea and I am having problems putting spaces in between words and putting accents in. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

2. I have changed the size and now have spaces but i still cannot do accents!!
    Help!

3. sam enerve

sam enerve New commenter

as far as I am aware you can only put accents into tarsia puzzles by holding down the ALT key and typing the 3 number code using the number pad. e.g. à = alt + 133 Even then they come out in a different size and typeface

4. Geekie

Geekie Occasional commenter

I've written a guide to Tarsia for MFL teachers, which you can download in PDF format. More info here.
    To get spaces and accents in your text, you have to have it set to do "Text" and not "Math" under the Style menu.

5. Hi how do you get spaces in the tarsia? im so stuck! thanks!

6. Geekie

Sounds like you have the input set on "Maths" and not on "Text". Download my "Tarsia for MFL" guide (see post 5 above) which will help you to sort it out.

7. Hi

I've changed the style to text and I still can't get spaces between words?

8. Try to changing font to Arial - I had the same problem and Arial now seems to work.

9. Geekie

I presented a workshop on Tarsia at this weekend's ICT and Languages Conference in Southampton, and have since posted more resources on my blog: http://changing-phase.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/shape-up-with-tarsia.html Click on the link to find a video-and-audio "how to use Tarsia" guide, as well as the link to my brand new "Ideas for using Tarsia" sheet.

10. Geekie

11. Geekie