1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Targets

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Leapyearbaby64, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Leapyearbaby64

Leapyearbaby64 New commenter

A friend has just shown my some targets that her daughter has been given by the school (in reception class). It was a standardised sheet from "easy" to "challenging" with 4 targets for maths and 4 for writing with a section highlighted where her daughter was working towards. It made me shudder somewhat, but this school has been at notice to improve status and as therefore had lots of input from the LA and other "experts". Does anyone else do targets like this?

2. Watmore

Watmore New commenter

I do them because I have to as its a whole school thing even though our Early Years Advisor says we shouldn't but my year head won't stand up to the Head. So hey ho!

3. lizzii_2008

lizzii_2008 New commenter

Yes, same here. It is a whole school thing and therefore has to be followed despite it not fitting in with EYFS curriculum.
    I don't provide those for parents or child obviously, it is more for teachers, TA and the SMT.