1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Targets in eyfs?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Ucan2, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Do you set your children reading, writing and Maths targets in eyfs?

2. choralsongster

choralsongster New commenter

Our F1 (Nursery) kids mainly have PSED related targets (taking turns, sharing, listening and responding...). The F2 (Reception) kids have whatever targets are appropriate to their development - generally after Christmas, I start to give them a writing target, and maybe a maths one if needed. I still tend to find that most F2s will still have 1-2 PSED targets.

3. All my nursery children will have 'targets' but i record them as their 'next steps' and keep in a folder that has all my focus assessments. As well as cll and psrn next steps they will have next steps in all areas ie earlier in the year putting on their coat by themselves/using a mouse, asking questions children's pictures were displayed on an 'I can ...' wall. eve

4. We've just been asked to set targets in Nursery and I too call them next steps. I have found it So hard to s=add this to all the excessive paperwork and record keeping i'm doing. I realy feel i'm loosing the ability to enjoy my class as i'm always looking for evidence of something or other......I don't think September and the supposed lessoning of paperwork will actually happen either....Am i being very despondent... Yes EY's is really hard going at the moment!