1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Targets for marking student books-Any examples?

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by AWB, Mar 10, 2012.

1. AWB

AWB

Hello
    We have just done an INSET on next step feedback and there were no surprises on the types of feedback that we are required to give, two stars and wish type stuff and not just ticks and flicks. But what was interesting was that we were told that Oftsed are looking evidence to see if the feedback has been acted upon by the learners. I hope this helps, I am still developing this area alos.

2. For the last two years I have used a new marking and tracking system within the students books. Please email me on nichole.sanders@dhsb.org and I will attach the documents I use. I have a code system that I use to set targets and have a template in the back of the students books. In this template I write a comment, the student responds and write in their grade e.g 85% = A and states if this has met their target. I use this at parents evening to show progress and invite parents to use it to communicate with me. It can also be used to peer and self assess. I am happy to share.