1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

target trackers

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by funny, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Just saw a website advertising target trackers! Is this the answer to my prayers? No more post its, printing and trimming photos to stick in books and putting my scruffy, hastily scribbled comments underneath! It even seems to produce a report for parents complete with pictures! I can't really believe this-seems too good to be true! Does it cost much, as I can't seem to find a price on the website? More to the point does it really do what it says on the package? Can anyone out there shed any light on this subject before I get too carried away by it! I want to go straight to the leader of EYFS and ask her to let me trial it next year! I have struggled to keep up with my learning journey books this year and written 2 reports so I might just be clutching at straws.

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

I don't understand how it can take the place of your own pics and comments.

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

That's not to say I'm an EVIDENCE!!! freak. But your average parent of an EY-aged child would surely rather have something personal than just hundreds of waffly, jargon-riddled Statements, I'd have thought.

4. It seems to allow you to add photos and to type in your own comments! It also makes it easy to link these to fsp statements/DM! It actually produces a learning story book with all of these if you want. I might have got it all wrong, as I said ''I'm clutching at straws"!
    If you want have alook for yourself. Let me know what you think!
    http://www.targettracker.org/software/demos/eyfs.php

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

Who is it for - parents or inspectors?

6. I was hoping it covered both!

7. Msz

Msz Established commenter

We priced it a few years ago can't remember how much but it's an annual subscription plus so much per pupil plus training ...

8. Miss Piggywig

Miss Piggywig New commenter

I see it includes Develoment matters but as for FSP the eprofile does all the tracking and such. We are looking into fingertips for replacing post it's , they can take photo's, sound clips and video and you can link it to FSP all on a hand held mobile phone or PDA. Then it links on to the laptop fo playing eith all the data. It is expensive so we will see.

9. susbo

susbo New commenter

Hi
    Our school has used Primary Target Tracker and EYFSP TT for a number of years. As previouly said you click on EYFS statements to show when started (they turn red) then again when completed (they turn blue). Evidence is typed in via your keyboard, photos, videos and voice recordings can be attached too. These are displayed in a column when you are working on a specific area of learning for a specific child. Whenever you wish you can pull off parent reports and tagged photos automatically appear in the right place. The reports have to be exported into word so that you can add personalised comments. It produces just about every graph, chart and report possible including an 'on track' interwoven hoop activity. It gives questions and answers to which are on hand for the powers that be. I have always found it simple to use and up to date to help me when I chat to parents. You will need to have either your post it note system still in use or notebooks to note ongoing evidence to entr into TT which I do either after school or on PPA time. The helpline is very good and they will log in remotely if necessary. I can recommend it, however I know of others who hate it but I think that is Primary TT not the EYFS TT. Hope this is helpful.
    SB