1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Target tracker

Discussion in 'Primary' started by JAFF23, Jan 16, 2016.

1. JAFF23

JAFF23 Occasional commenter

Hi,Could anyone please advise as I have been told I have assessed my pupils too high and am new to this system. Am I right in thinking that my HA y2's should be (in general) be assessed as being 2w for this term and my LA's should be 1s. Confused.com!!! Many thanks

2. Gerbils150

Gerbils150 New commenter

I'm an NQT so also very new to Target Tracker. All my Year 2 children started on 2b regardless of where they finished Year 1. We are now being very conscientious about ticking off the subject statements (a) when the lesson is first taught (b) when the children have evidence of achieving the statement and (c) when the children have mastered it. The number of statements then indicates whether the child should be marked on Band 2 (i.e. b, b+, w, w+ , s or s+). If you look at a given subject for one pupil you will see above the statements a multi-coloured band. The child's level should be positioned approximately half way along the red band. Does that make sense? There has been guidance issued by Target Tracker recently. If you have access to the Target Tracker website you may be able to find it there. Basically, make sure you tick the statements and that will show you where you should be placing the child.

3. JAFF23

4. JAFF23

many thanks for this