1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Target tracker

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by LauraJeanD, Oct 20, 2015.

1. LauraJeanD

LauraJeanD New commenter

Hi everyone

Was just wondering how many people use Target Tracker for Early Years? Is it user friendly and is it useful. We still track progress on paper and it's a nightmare when I try to count how many children are in each age band. I want to be able to create graphs about different demographics quickly without having to count and work out percentages.

Any info on what people use would be very warmly received :)

2. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

It would be a very good idea for you to sit a basic numeracy course.

3. LauraJeanD

LauraJeanD New commenter

Oh. I was excited that I might have a sensible and helpful response.

I am able to count accurately. However, it is very time consuming to have to count how many children are developing, within and secure in each of the 17 ELG's. I'm sure you can appreciate that technology helps to make arduous tasks quicker, freeing me up to analyse the data.

4. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

It will be very sensible, and helpful to the children in your charge, if their teacher can count their number without having to buy a glorified spreadsheet.

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Our EY team like Target Tracker for the EYFS it allows them to create Learning Journies without the need to print and glue endless photographs.
    I'm not a fan in later KS but it makes pretty graphs beloved by SIPs and Ofsted.

6. carriecat10

carriecat10 Established commenter Community helper

[This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines]

LauraJeanD likes this.
  7. LauraJeanD

LauraJeanD New commenter

Thanks Msz. I wasn't aware that Target Tracker was also an online learning journal. We use Tapestry. I was hoping for something that was purely a progress tracker?

8. Msz

Msz Established commenter

You can use it that way

9. oni44

oni44 New commenter

Last year we used a online system called o track but then we found it did not track attainment how we wanted.

This year we have gone back to inputting it on simms. Simms then will work out percentages as needed.