1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Target Tracker

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by mickeyforpresident, Jul 9, 2011.

1. mickeyforpresident

mickeyforpresident New commenter

Hi All,

I've been doing some research (like you do on a Saturday) into the many, many tracking softwares out there. We currently use my own homemade Excel Spreadsheets, but i'm yearning for something a little more high tech.
    I'm thinking of choosing Target Tracker and wondering if any of you had any up todate thoughts?
    My school is a 1 FE Primary.
    Thanks,

2. Hi
    I can only advise you on Target Tracker from an assessment leaders view... we too had own made excel spreadsheets and looked for something else. Target tracker does everything we want it to do. It allows you to track individual students, classes, cohorts intervention grps quickly and easily. We are a 4FE infant school and use the EYFSP and PTT. Both are very good and once you get to grips with the range of data available its easy for all staff to use.
    The Target tracker team will hnormally come into school to support with training for whole school and SMT. Also it is going to be web based in the next yr or so, so all can access from home (if you had the desire to do so).
    Features include Target setting, links to APP, report writing, pupil discussions and info for SEF (I know it's gone but the data is useful).

Hope this helps

3. mickeyforpresident

Thanks for that! Sounds hopeful so far! Anymore thoughts anyone?

4. Glad to see that our customers are happy!
    If anyone would like to know more about iTRACK Primary we've just launched a brand new website at www.iTRACKPrimary.co.uk
    You can also sign up there for a FREE Screen-to-Screen Demo or take a FREE 30-Day trial with no obligation.
    Alternatively, ring 01926 886 914.

5. We use www.schoolpupiltracker.co.uk
    it does all your tracking, intervention mapping, IEPs, summary reports etc, even has an online reporting to parents tool. We've just started using it this year. For a reasonable fee they even transferred all my data from my home made excel tracking grids.

6. Do you not use SIMs? Assessment Manager does everything you need for any level of tracking.

7. mickeyforpresident

I'm currently doing a 30 day trial of itrackprimary. I'm liking it, but not liking that there is no graph function - just charts (useful charts) but I do like a graph!!!
    Does it though? I hadn't realised - will experiment, although I have founds SIM.net quite un friendly.

8. I think they are doing a reporting tool that will give you graphs. But the best thing about itracker is its easy to use - hope it doesn't get too compliicated

9. I know this is an old thread but...does itracker deal in levels or point scores? We are currently using and talking in point scores in our school and I would like to record information in point scores. I am the assessment coordinator and I am looking for something more than the excel sheets we currently use.
    Thanks

10. You might try DC-Pro?

11. mickeyforpresident

Hi

It uses either point scores or levels; you can interchange between them both.

12. akimbo

akimbo New commenter

Have just had a itrack demo. It looks like it meets all of our needs. It has a a new EYFS section and a committment to upgrade to new assessment critereria( I asked about the new NC).... whatever that may be...
    We are going for it.
    Small school (under 200) approx £420 per year (less if you sign up for longer)

13. Hi, we use Assessment Manager 7 and I really like it as you can do so much with it but I would like to know if anyone has used both AM7 and Target Tracker, and which they found gave them more options.