1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

target tracker matching to other descriptors

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by twinklewoody123, Oct 7, 2018.

1. twinklewoody123

twinklewoody123 New commenter

We are using TT and are trying to match the descriptors 'beginning, within and secure' with 'working towards, expected and greater depth'. I thought it would have just been simple a 3 way match but some are saying that:
    working towards= beginning/ beginning+ & within/within+
    expected = secure
    greater depth = secure +

Any thoughts??????

2. Lucy2711

Lucy2711 Occasional commenter

Ah - tracking systems!
    Can I suggest you have a look at this blog by Jamie Pembroke:
    http://sigplus.blogspot.com/2018/07/what-i-think-primary-tracking-system.html
    'Working towards', 'at expected standard' and 'at greater depth' are criterion-based standards - they describe a specific standard of performance at the end of the key stage (not during the key stage).
    Tracking systems have a quite different approach and really shouldn't be equated to the end of key stage standards.

3. paulstevenjones

paulstevenjones New commenter

Yes this is what we do.

4. lcp_teaching_resources

lcp_teaching_resources New commenter

What I don't understand is why have a system that you have to bend over backwards to fit to. Why not have a system that fits around you? Much less hassle. ITRACK is one of the most flexible systems on the market and can accommodate as many assessment names as you can think of from numeric to words to letters. If you are interested in how ITRACK can fit to you. Contact: awilson@lcp.co.uk