1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Target I've never seen before ...

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by doctorinthetardis, Oct 21, 2015.

1. doctorinthetardis

doctorinthetardis New commenter

Hi all. It's that time of the year when performance management reviews are happening. I've just received my target sheet to go over in a meeting for the last academic year and have found that a new data target for last year I have never even seen has been added! This target is completely fictional as I have never seen it and it has never ever been discussed with me. It is a secondary target to the data target I was given (which also has inflated in time for the review). This second target is also completely unobtainable! The percentage it says to reach a certain target is not, and probably never will be achieved in our catchment area.

I'm feeling really cross because not only were my targets never reviewed at all last year (personal or data) but now it is time to review them to make a decision about whether I deserve a pay rise, I feel I am being set up to fail! Any advice?

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Query it.

Ask to see the copy, signed by yourself, with this target included.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

The first thing to do is to look at the policies.

Above all the schools's Pay Policy.

Who knows - it may say SLT may, at their leisure, invent any or all targets for a member of the teaching staff, without their knowledge or agreement.

;)

Then look at the Performance Management Policy.

Once you know what the system is supposed to be, you can challenge the targets that have been imposed on you without your knowledge or agreement.

Best wishes