1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tapestry - Printing Observations HELP!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by wilson2806, Jan 31, 2020.

1. wilson2806

wilson2806 New commenter

Hello!

I'm new to Tapestry but I have seen where others have printed their observations (with photos and comments) in a little booklet for a certain early learning goal.

I've gone onto the Tracking section and tried all of the categories underneath on individual view but I can't seem to get anything other than a number showing many observations they have in each area.

Does anyone know where to find this function?

Thank you!

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

We print the entire journal at the end of the year to send home, but that's all.
    Certainly don't print different booklets for different goals...it would be unmanageable.

In tracking if you go to 'thoroughness' you can then get the tracking for how many observations in each area for each child. Be prepared to swear lots when you realise one child has absolutely none in Literacy or some such and you can't for the life of you work out how!

3. kennybase

kennybase New commenter

Go to Control Panel - Manage Children, select the children you want to print observations for. Select 'Export journals to PDF' and go through options. If you select Early Years Foundation Stage in the Assessment part, you can then select an area of learning.
    This will then create a downloadable PDF with all the observations for the selected children with photos and comments, focussing just on that area.

There is no limit to the number of times that you can create and download this.