1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

tankinis

Discussion in 'Personal' started by inky, Mar 5, 2016.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

I want one, but not one with a gap between the top and the bottom. Does anyone know of any good makers whose tankinis fit this description? I don't want a gap that shows off the bits better kept under wraps, but I hate one pieces.

2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

i got one that was made by Lascana and it's a good fit. i've got a long body.
    i got it online from these people
    http://www.swimwear365.co.uk/

3. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Nice!!

I like the selection of 'bottoms' they have!!

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

Many thanks. I'm off on the hunt!

5. aspensquiver_2

aspensquiver_2 Senior commenter

But if the two piece is meant to cover all the areas a bikini would leave uncovered, why not just buy a one piece?

:confused:

6. aspensquiver_2

aspensquiver_2 Senior commenter

7. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Ha ha! I read that as "made by Lascarina" and thought she maybe had talents we were hitherto unaware of.

:p

knitone, Lascarina and lindenlea like this.
  8. rouxx

rouxx Lead commenter

Why is this the first I have heard of tankinis? and why haven't I ever had one - seem great. I hate swimming costumes too.

kibosh likes this.
  9. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

If you get a good fit they are marvellous - no more hoiking up and pulling down.

10. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

A tankini is more comfortable and more convenient. Easier to get on and off and you can also buy different sizes for top and bottom if necessary - my top is larger than my bottom.

ScotSEN likes this.
  11. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Mine is from Laura Ashley and covers where it needs to. The top and bottom aren't even from the same set but co-ordinate well.

12. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I was thinking that too, but it appears that a tankini is not like a swimsuit at all. I had heard of them but didn't have a clue what they were . . . . bit like the whole jeggings/leggings/treggings thing . . .i had to google that too.

13. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Are tankinis mostly for holiday/beach use or would it be acceptable to wear one to a public swimming pool in the UK?

14. catmother

catmother Star commenter

They've been around for years.

15. rouxx

rouxx Lead commenter

Seems like I haven't been around much for years then!

16. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I'd think so.

kibosh likes this.
  17. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

There would be no reason not to - what are you imagining?
    [​IMG]
    This one is from Bravissimo.

18. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I wear mine to the pool. Why not? Most people wear more sporty swimwear - black with racing back etc, where I swim but I just haven't got round to buying one and the all in one thing is so much harder to get with the right fit. I wonder where @InkyP got that picture of me.;)

ScotSEN, kibosh and Lascarina like this.
  19. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

I can't understand why manufacturers don't make more tankinis with swimming shorts, rather than hi-leg styles: far more practical for the more mature swimmer. I had some lovely ones from Debenham's about 10 years ago.

Noja and kibosh like this.
  20. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I was imagining getting told off by a pool attendant for not wearing a swimsuit or bikini and being sent out while everyone gawped :oops:. . . not been swimming for years due, fundamentally, to acute self-consciousness over my wobbly bits and I'd really like to get into it again . . . . for all i know many swimmers are now wearing tankinis and it's considered perfectly appropriate.

*wonders if one can get bottoms that cover the thighs?*
    **my bottom already covers my thighs . . . at the back :eek:**

ScotSEN likes this.