1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tandoor and Pizza oven

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by scottjw, Jul 27, 2011.

1. I am considering building myself a tandoor oven in my back garden. I think this would be pretty easy to do, and should produce good results.

A little more ambitious are my plans to built a nice wood fired pizza oven.

Your thoughts?

2. I am considering building myself a tandoor oven in my back garden. I think this would be pretty easy to do, and should produce good results.

A little more ambitious are my plans to built a nice wood fired pizza oven.

Your thoughts?

3. All I know is that you have to get the wood burning hours before you want to cook the pizza and this is an art in itself.

4. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Go for it. Nothing like food cooked on a wood fire. Incidentally, thanks. One of my friends who regularly has barbecues is having a largish expanse of brick paving laid around his garage. Initially, his plan was to use it as an area to work on his cars, but it's looking so nice he's changing that plan to be a recreational area for things other than cars.
    He spoke about building a barbecue on it. I'll convince him tomorrow he also needs a pizza oven.

5. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I'd like one of those beehive ovens, have already got a brick built BBQ in the garden, due to the weather and o/h's days off, it's not yet been christened!!