1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Tandem / Double buggy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Rinky444, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Hi, there is 14 months between my boys. We bought the iCandy Pear from scratch and it was such a waste of time and money. I thought it was the best double I had seen, all the others didn't have the option of baby lying flat, or the toddler seat wasn't adjustable.
    In reality, it was so cumbersome, a pain in the neck having to dismantle it to collapse and put in the car, an inaccessible shopping basket and it was almost impossible to steer! Furthermore, my oldest son managed to bite a chunk of foam out of the bar, and I heard nothing when I complained about this to iCandy.
    I think if you already have the Apple, it might make sense to buy the converter kit to make the Pear, but otherwise don't bother!
    It might be worth asking yourself if you really need one. We sold our Pear when our son was about 21 months, as he wanted to walk everywhere anyway. We had kept our single pram, a Mamas and Papas Skate and he sits on the tray part of that when he gets tired. I thought we would use a tandem for a lot longer, but I was proved wrong!
    Good luck!

2. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

It probably isn't worth spending a fortune buying it from scratch, but to convert it for us was the best option, and the nicest double pram we've seen. My friend has bought the icandy peach blossom brand new and that was about £860!!
    I've never had a problem steering the apple, so i can't imagine it being that different when it's converted. I did think about not converting at all and just buying a buggy board, but we go out a lot, for walks and on the train and so on so i need somewhere for my son to have a snooze if he gets tired. He probably won't need it for long, and then i can sell the conversion and just get the buggy board.
    The apple fits into my car (a Zafira) without collapsing, but i don't don't if it will as a pear. Hope so!