1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TAM course

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by bmurphy, May 3, 2012.

1. Applications are now invited for the MEI 'Teaching Advanced Mathematics' courses starting at the six participating universities this term. State-funded schools and colleges in England are entitled to £1200 for the support they provide to each colleague on the course. For further details please see the FAQ at www.mei.org.uk/tam. To read what some TAM participants thought of the course please see this thread.

2. Applications are now invited for the MEI 'Teaching Advanced Mathematics' courses starting at the six participating universities this term. State-funded schools and colleges in England are entitled to £1200 for the support they provide to each colleague on the course. For further details please see the FAQ at www.mei.org.uk/tam. To read what some TAM participants thought of the course please see this thread.

3. I recommend TAM to anyone who is interested in teaching A level maths for the first time, or even to experienced A- level teachers. Brilliant opportunity to improve knowledge and develop confidence. Lots of interesting and fantastic sessions both online and during university days. Sharing of resources amongst participants.
    I'm presently on the Masters level TAM version. I've found this very demanding - essays and modules assignment. However, the knowledge gained is worth all the stress. To be successful at this, you must be very committed.

4. I'd recommend as well. I did the TFM course a few years ago - Mr. Murphy taught us the first module of it. It was an excellent experience.