1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Talking tins

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kym131218, Feb 23, 2012.

1. kym131218

kym131218 New commenter

Does anybody know where I can get some cheap talking tins from? Or some sort of recording device with aUSBconnecter to download sounds?

2. zannar

zannar New commenter

I have used tins but l now I use microphones which can be plugged into a USB port to record sounds, children's talk and stories etc. They also recharge when plugged into a computer, so no batteries required. The children can hear what they have said, change words/sentences and then use this to help them write their ideas down.

3. kym131218

kym131218 New commenter

mmmm, I am creating a school rasio. Do you know if I can use Flip cameras? Then just import sounds as MP? If I can i'd rather use what we have.

4. funambule

funambule New commenter

TTS do all sorts of devices like this.

5. You can, if you have any half-decent editing software... I don't know if flip cameras have specific sound-only recording capabilities.

6. sueemc

sueemc New commenter

they're from here:
    http://www.talkingproducts.com/talking-tins-red-40.html
    :)

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

Oh dear - I thought the OP was about tin can telephones! [​IMG]

8. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

PHEW!!! Me too...with string in between them!

9. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Me too!

10. manic28

manic28 New commenter

You want easi-speak microphones. They have a usb. They are pricey but worth it.