1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

talk for writing 30 minute interview lesson year 4

Discussion in 'Primary' started by MrsShafiq, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Hi,

I have an interview in the next couple of days and have been asked to deliver a talk for writing session with a writing outcome. I have some ideas but am worried I will run out of time any advice would be grately appreciated.

I am thinking of looking at the poem If i had wings by pie corbett. L.I: to use powerful vocabulary to create imagery. So the children will retell poem using actions identify language features and then shared write 1 or 2 verses and finally setting the children off to write their own version. LA word mats and teacher support, TA to support middle and HA to work independently.

does this sound like I am doing too much in 30 mins?

Thanks

2. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

I think it would be great for an hour lesson but seems too much for 30 mins - What year group is it? Do the school expect you to have produced a written outcome within that time or to plan a lesson with a writing outcome - might seem like semantics but I would take the latter to mean they want to see your inout and where you would take it but perhaps not expect the written outcome within that time.

3. The lesson is with Year 4, yeah worried that I am doing too much in that time but it is not clear that the writing outcome is within the lesson time or as a result. I will clarify

thanks

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Usually I always plan for a full hours lesson. Ensure your observer gets the full copy too.

Then I decide which elements I could realistically do within the allotted time-frame. So you may well be able to use your 'writing' element as 'progression after the observed part'.

5. whizzbangbang

whizzbangbang New commenter

If you search '300 generic activities' in the TES forum, you will find my file. I am confident that this will help you. Thanks.