1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Talented ICT students

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by newICTeacher, Jun 6, 2011.

1. I have been given an afternoon with my talented pupils (all 4 year groups) as it is my first time doing this type of thing I was wondering if any of you had some ideas about what to do?

Thanking you in anticipation

2. I have been given an afternoon with my talented pupils (all 4 year groups) as it is my first time doing this type of thing I was wondering if any of you had some ideas about what to do?

Thanking you in anticipation

3. Programming Mobile Apps?

4. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

Programming is a good one for G&T. You could use Portable GreenFoot?

5. How deep do you go though? Could you teach them 3D game programming? Could they create Monopoly in Visual Basic? Or something in a smaller timeframe like Who Wants to be a Millionaire with an Access backend? Or better, an online version.
    Do it in Apprentice style if you have between 8 and 24 of them (up to 4 teams), they decide who does what jobs - the Flash programming of the frontend, the graphics artist, the backend PHP, the question writer and the presenter etc.... then you teach each role the various skills as needed.... Remember it's not so much giving them a new skill - they can (and do) learn them whenever they feel like. It's about pushing their current skills in an entirely new way and stretching their thinking!

6. Blender?

7. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

Using what?

- really? How do you do that? Do you have lots of android tablets or do kids use their phones?

8. David, we just use the Android emulator, as boring as that sounds (and as long as it bloody takes to load up). That said, the kids can send it to their phone using bluetooth if they wanted to (adb pushing is restricted by us)

9. This is how we do it as well and the kids love it.

Would love to do the game programming but only have 2 hours!