1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Taking the PPA*ss

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by seh101, Nov 14, 2017.

1. seh101

seh101 New commenter

As a 0.6 teacher (& assessment coordinator) in a small infant school I get an hour of PPA a week.
    I have no issue with this.
    But a colleague, who is also 0.6, gets a whole afternoon every week. She is PE coordinator (although the pupils are never get taken to any of the SSP festivals or anything during this extra PPA time). I know this cannot be funded from the government PE money so school are providing this time.
    Does anyone else's school have extra PE time for any reason or is there a bit of favouritism going on?!?

2. frustum

frustum Star commenter

Only an hour on 0.6 sounds a bit too little. Typically 0.6 would equate to about 15 timetable hours, so you ought to be getting 1.5 hours.
    "It's not fair" isn't really good grounds for anything, and of course it's possible there's a good reason of which you are unaware - a particular task this colleague has been asked to do, or an adjustment for disability reasons which might be confidential.
    However it might be well worth you asking about your own PPA entitlement; you are entitled to have an issue with this, and the net result might in fact be an evening up of the PPA allocation.

Piranha likes this.