1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Taking PPA/NQT time for form time

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by fe_teacher, Nov 6, 2018.

1. fe_teacher

fe_teacher New commenter

I am an NQT in a secondary school and one of my free periods falls on a Friday morning. Since starting in September my school has frequently allocated this period as form time (with little notice) so I have been required to carry out extracurricular activities with my form instead of my PPA/NQT time. This appears to be getting more frequent and it always happens on Friday mornings putting me at a disadvantage to other NQTs who's PPA/NQT times fall elsewhere. This Friday will be the third time since September. Am I able to say something about this as I am not getting this time back?
    They have also not told me which of my frees are allocated as NQT time and which are PPA, do they need to do this?
    TIA

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

You need to be clear that you are receiving the required timetable reduction. Raise it with your mentor in the first instance. You may need to contact the Appropriate Body if you feel you need to escalate the complaint.

Fleecyblanket likes this.