1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Taking payment from my account

Discussion in 'Personal' started by disguise, Apr 20, 2012.

1. I have a lovefilm account and with one load of blu rays got a free audible.co.uk download. I thought I'd try it because I drive a long way and could listen en route to work. Sadly, it didn't work on my mp3 or phone. So I cancelled the account - so I thought. Just seen I've been billed £7.99 to my bank account, right when I have very little money left. I am furious!

2. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Did you go by the step- by- step guide on their web? If so it probably a mistake that could be rectified quickly.

3. I had a free audible book only to find they had signed me up and taken money from my account. I emailed immediately and got the money back.

4. Called them this morning they are refunding the money - too right too!

5. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Stuff happens, I measure any company by the reaction of customer services to mistakes - doing the right thing quickly keeps my custom.

6. lunarita

lunarita Established commenter

I'm wary of any free trial offer which requires you to give your bank or card details upfront.
    Surely if you like it enough, you'll register after the trial?
    It's a cynical ploy, hoping that people will be too lazy, passive, or absent minded to cancel. Or that they just won't notice and won't complain.